- The Basics of Asymmetric Cryptography
When i create a new site we get two keys -
Private Key 5JNiiGspzqt8sC8FM54FMr53U9XvL\ Vh8Waz6YYDK69gG6hso9xu Public key 16YsjZK9nweXyy3vNQ\ QPKT8tfjCNjEX9JM
a) Private key
- Only I have it.
- It allows me to sign new content to the site.
- No central registry, it never leaves my computer. It don’t need to be published anywhere.
- Impossible to modify site without it.
b) Public key
- This is my site’s address.
- Using this anyone can verify that the content on the site is created by me (site owner).
- Every downloaded file is verified and hence makes it safe from malicious code’s insertion and modification.
More info about Cryptography of ZeroNet
- ZeroNet uses the same elliptic curve based Encryption as in your Bitcoin wallet.
- You can accept payments directly to your site address.
- It is estimated that even using fastest supercomputer available, it would take around 1 billion years to “HACK” a private key.